The online Mental Health Carer Survey 2011-12 is available now to all mental health carers to complete and convey their position. The survey will remain open until Christmas Day. If you are a mental health carer please complete the survey or if you work with carers please pass on this link: Mental-Health-Carers-Survey-2011-12
The 2011-12 survey is based on the 15 major issues affecting mental health carers, as identified by mental health carers throughout Australia in 2008 and 2009 and follows on from work already completed in:
(1) Adversity to Advocacy, the lives and hopes of mental health carers, 2009 and
(2) Mental Health Carers Report 2010.
As part of a cumuluative project of the Mental Health Council of Australia into the lives of mental health carers, this survey influences mental health policy and projects by providing the collective voice of carers and the person(s) they care for. The survey takes 23 minutes to complete.
To broden the survey's reach and accessibility, in 2011-2012 the survey will
1. A separate Young Mental Health Carers survey based on Facebook – details soon.
2. A survey in 4 languages other than English (released early in the New Year)
3. Workshops with regional and remote Aboriginal communities
For those wanting a paper survey please contact Carolyn.Conaghan@MHCA.org.au who will be happy to email a printable version.