Featured Highlight: Parenting Workshop – Maintaining Healthy Family Dynamics
Based on Tuning in to Teens program, this 2 day workshop helps build confidence in supporting the young carer in your family. Parents of a child with disability and other children at home aged 9-14 are invited to:
- Learn how to talk with and understand your child
- Help them develop emotional intelligence and prevent behavioural issues
- Teach them how to deal with conflict
- Connect with other parents in similar situations
There will also be takeaway resources to support you at home. Respite option is available for carers to attend this free workshop as well as a follow up booster workshop if enough interest is expressed.
When? Saturday 12 & 26 August, 9.15am-3pm.
Where? Chatswood Community Health Centre, 57 Hercules St, Chatswood.
RSVP? To register, contact Marise on 1300 134 332 or email@example.com. Partnership Ability Links, SSI, NSW Health, Northside.
Featured Highlight: Workshop with My Choice Matters
What? My Choice Matters works with people with disability and their families to live life their way and get the most out of the changing disability system. Its goal is to help people learn and practice new ways of doing things and develop and grow skills in Choice, Voice and Control. This free, fully accessible workshop for people with a disability, their families/carers, and people working in the sector will discuss:
- changes to the disability support system and what it will mean for you
- planning and things to consider for your life
- what some people are already doing
Where and When?
- Pittwater RSL, 82 Mona Vale Road, Mona Vale 2103 on Wednesday 23 August, 10am–2.30pm.
- Forestville RSL Club, 22 Melwood Ave, Forestville 2087 on Wednesday 30 August, 10am-2.30pm.
RSVP? Click here to register. Indicate if you require any support on the day.
Refreshments and lunch for those who register.
NOTE: Other workshops include:
- My Learning Matters – The e-learning tool helps you get the most out of the changing disability support system and plan and set goals for the future www.mylearningmatters.org.au
- Become a Leader Online– Includes leadership modules, new content on leadership and leaders forums at www.becomealeader.org.au